One of my favourite low carb meals packed with veggies is this version of San Choy Bow. It can get a little messy to eat, but is delicious. The fresh crunch of the lettuce and warm mince are perfect together.
1 zucchini finely diced
1 carrot finely diced
- 1 cup of mushrooms finely diced
- 1 packet of turkey or chicken mince 500g
1-2 teaspoons of ginger paste (depending on individual taste)
- 1-2 teaspoons of garlic paste (depending on individual taste)
- 1/4 cup spoons of salt reduced soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons of oyster sauce or Hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon of Chinese 5 spice
- 1 onion finely diced
- 1/4 of a cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 Iceberg Lettuce
Step 1. In a non-stick pan fry onion, mushrooms and carrot until softened. Add garlic, ginger, 5 spice and mince. Cook until browned.
Step 2. Add sauce, zucchini and cabbage. Put the lid on and allow to cook for another 5 minutes until the cabbage has softened.
Step 3. peel off several Iceberg lettuce leaves to create a bowl. Spoon mince and veggie mixture in and enjoy!