As part of our 28 Day Challenge we have included a weekly meal plan for members, with recipes for each day. Here is one of the breakfasts on the menu – protein French Toast!
Makes: 2 servings You will need: bowl, spoon, frying pan, spatula
4 slices gluten free or rye bread
4 heaped tsp vanilla protein powder
2 tsp ground chia seeds
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup unsweetened almond milk
½ cup strawberries, blueberries and raspberries
2 T pure maple syrup or honey
- Combine the dry ingredients and mix together.
- Add the vanilla extract and almond milk and mix well.
- Soak the bread on both sides in the mixture.
- Heat a fry pan to medium and add a little coconut oil.
- Cook the bread on both sides until golden brown. Top with berries and syrup.
Here is Teena’s version of our French Toast
“Breakfast, it was yum!”